Chicago Clips

loopguru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There are number of other Chicago residents at tpf - let's see what you have captured.

If you like please post your city related pictures in this thread.

Ciao!

DSC_1618.jpg

DSC_1048.jpg

More later... :er:

Happy V-Day! (Found at a local cafe wall)

DSC01610.jpg

Not chicago, but fitting:
DSC00355_bw-web.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

I like the series - the colors are great. My favorites - #1, 2 and 5.

Loving these. Number one is great.

Love the last two :D
If i didn't notice the american flag, i would've bet the last one is a street i walk by, here in montreal...
Awesome shots :thumbup:

All of those are very nice. I really like the BW one. My friend and I are gonna go to Chicago for a few days this summer (he spent the first 11 years of his life there) to take some pics, after seeing this thread I really can't wait.

I just love the last picture from the first post. It's kind of dreamy sensation. Or I'm too tired... :D I love it anyway.

Hey, you know how to frame your city well!
Your nighttime photography is impressive. I like it a lot.
I also like the treatment you have given some of your pics, such as the last of the first little series, though in that one I also love the second with the colourful lights reflected in the water!! Nothing against the first and the atmosphere of dusk captured there!

But then I also like the second of the second series (I hope it is), the frame-filling front of the big house (whatever that one is? You might want to tell me?) in black and white.

Hi all, thanks for your comments. I hope to keep taking more city photos it's very hard due to the weather being what it is.

The "large house" B&W Photo is Merchandise Mart and it has a lot of history behind it...here is a brief summary:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_Mart

Before the pentagon was constructed the Manhattan Project offices were housed here.

love the first skyline shot...these are well exposed shots. I'd love to go shoot in Chicago someday...lots of character in that city it seems to me.
The city I was raised in - Winnipeg - was for years known as the Chicago of the North. Because they are both windy and both were major transport hubs as well as major landing points for the immigrants coming over from europe.
Tanks for sharing and welcome to TPF. :D

I know Winnipeg, a friend lives there. Beautiful small city!

Ironically Chicago's nickname "windy city" has nothing to do with the weather. True it really is windy due to skyscrapers and the lake but the nickname 'windy city' was in reference to the "hot air politics" that Chicago was famous for.

I am working on a few more pictures of the skyline that I'll post later in the evening

Most reactions

New Topics

Back