Chicago Skyline (first time posting)

le1717y

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all.. first time at night time photography and first time posting! Let me know what you all think.. Enjoy!

1. Chicago's effort for the 2016 Olympics..
3423445740_6d4c624bd6_b.jpg

2. Panoramic of two photos
3422638575_968d679d6c_b.jpg

Welcome to the forums. Great shots...can't wait to see more of your stuff. The second one seems to be tilted just a touch to the left. Other than that good crisp clear shot, nice tone, lights are clear and not blown. Excellent detail in the first one.

thank you for the comments.. DRoberts.. do you think leaving the picture on an angle takes away from the picture? the picture was taken sort of on an angle and there is a way to photoshop it straight.. correct?

Both are good. Did you apply any post processing to them?
#1 could stand to be sharpened a bit and #2 only suffers from a slight lean.

i did a little bit but not too much but for the most part its basically straight off the camera.. i'm really not too familiar with photoshop but i'm learning!

nice shots... made me remember the year I spent in Chicagoland... unforgettable strolls along the lake shore... splendid...

what camera/lens you used?

my D60 is due 4/14 can't wait to get my hands on it...

nice shots... made me remember the year I spent in Chicagoland... unforgettable strolls along the lake shore... splendid...

what camera/lens you used?

my D60 is due 4/14 can't wait to get my hands on it...

i shot it with a D90 with a nikon 50mm 1.4D lens.. i know the lens isn't wide enough but i just wanted to try out night time photography..

the 14th seems so far away huh.. i remember when i ordered mine, i missed the UPS guy and i just drove out to get it the same day.. anyways.. hope you enjoy your purchase because i'm loving mine..

These are both great shots. Grats dude or dudette XD You're so lucky that no ships or boats were cruising around causing light streaks and disturbances in the water :D

These are both great shots. Grats dude or dudette XD You're so lucky that no ships or boats were cruising around causing light streaks and disturbances in the water :D

first off.. i'm a dude.. LOL.. but yea.. i had to go late at night to take this shot or else there would have been boats.. and luckily that day the wind wasn't too bad either.. so i guess i was lucky :lol:

Most reactions

Back