What's new

Chicago Watertower

Jeremy Z

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
32
Location
Chicago burbs
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the famous watertower, which has a whole shopping area (probably the most posh in Illinois) named after it.

This building has quite a history behind it, but I didn't think to take a photo of the plaques. :(

This was stitched together with three shots; kind of a vertical panorama. The Canon software only does horizontal panoramas, so I had to turn the pix on their sides first. (the pix were taken with my Pentax K100D, the software came with my Canon Elph.)

I merged them, then rotated it back vertical. it is pretty distorted in areas, but the watertower itself looks OK! I would have never gotten this in one shot without a much more expensive wide angle lens.

watertower_panorama_small.jpg
 
I see what you mean about the distortion.I had that same program but lost it:er: ..it worked pretty well.to my eye the only distortion I see is on the first third of the photo on the collums and the skyscraper.It is a beautifal building though.:thumbup:

Would you mind making me a copy of that disc so I can use my photostitch again
 
I use the software too from time to time. I've found that it works best with long focal length shots so the image doesn't become distorted.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom