Chicago

silver163

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Chicago B&W Photographs. Enjoy! Comments and Critique welcome.

IMGP4976.jpg

IMGP4968.jpg

IMGP4910.jpg

IMGP4906.jpg

IMGP4900.jpg

IMGP4895.jpg

IMGP4883.jpg

IMGP4881.jpg

IMGP4861-2.jpg

IMGP4857.jpg

IMGP4845-2.jpg

IMGP4820-2.jpg

IMGP4811.jpg

IMGP4785.jpg

IMGP4779.jpg

IMGP4759.jpg

IMGP4341-1.jpg

I like the one of the taxi in the tunnel. :thumbup: All the sepia toned ones are nice, too.
A couple tips to get more comments-

1. Separate your photos into different threads. If you have so many images, like in here, people get lazy and don't want to view all of them. If you don't put "image heavy" in the title, the maximum you should have is about 10 photos.

2. Number your shots; it makes it much easier to comment on!

3. Even if you don't use/believe in photoshopping images, try straightening many of them to get a level horizon. Most of your shots are slanted way too much to the right, which makes them a little less appealing.

I hope you don't mind my little critique. :) Overall, though, this is a nice series of shots, and I still definitely want to visit Chicago.

Oh, and, do you have a flickr account? I know I've seen that photo of the pigeon crossing the street somewhere else... ;)

The lighting seems bad in a few of your shots. Maybe just try photoshopping them a bit.

Good photos, keep it up.

I like the one of the taxi in the tunnel. :thumbup: All the sepia toned ones are nice, too.
A couple tips to get more comments-

1. Separate your photos into different threads. If you have so many images, like in here, people get lazy and don't want to view all of them. If you don't put "image heavy" in the title, the maximum you should have is about 10 photos.

2. Number your shots; it makes it much easier to comment on!

3. Even if you don't use/believe in photoshopping images, try straightening many of them to get a level horizon. Most of your shots are slanted way too much to the right, which makes them a little less appealing.

I hope you don't mind my little critique. :) Overall, though, this is a nice series of shots, and I still definitely want to visit Chicago.

Oh, and, do you have a flickr account? I know I've seen that photo of the pigeon crossing the street somewhere else... ;)

Thank you very much, I am still kind of a noob here anyway :p

No, I dont have a flickr account, since its owned by Yahoo! and ever since they released the information to China about the writers I been boycotting anything Yahoo owned. But can you provide that link?

For me, they are all rather flat and some are darker than I think they need to be. I can see why you were asking about how I got my conversions so crisp. I've put a bunch of notes up over here for anyone who wants them really. Try a few things out, but start with levels and the brightness/contrast and see what develops....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back