Chicks can't play football!!!

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So now that we have that whole soccer crap over with I can start looking forward to the REAL Football. Here are a couple of pics from tonight.

4829411881_13b7ee3c6f_z.jpg

"My Hat"

4830049848_58279d6c34_z.jpg

"Sack The QB"

4830051516_f32fb20391_z.jpg

"Here We Go"

4830034562_d9cfa24d16_z.jpg

"My Hat" set-up... This was the same set for the other shots, but everything was moved closer to the water and Veronica (wife/model) was places under the water... It was a bit cold... For her, not me... I was perfectly comfortable the entire time. :p

Great set-up....nice way to punish your wife, waiting in the cold rain :). I guess bouth of you had so much fun doing this, maybe next time, use the remote, and join your wife...

Well done to both of you, your wife is a saint!!

Stating the obvious I am sure, looks like you missed the focus on her eyes in the first.

2 and 3 look bang on, 3 is freaky, I like it.

Thanks for revealing your setup in the last, tell me about those lights, how much did they cost all up and can I assume they are strobes as well as model lights as well, ie: on constantly and strobe if thats the correct wording?

Great set-up....nice way to punish your wife, waiting in the cold rain :). I guess bouth of you had so much fun doing this, maybe next time, use the remote, and join your wife...

I am best behind the lens... No need to risk breaking the camera with my mug.

Thanks for revealing your setup in the last, tell me about those lights, how much did they cost all up and can I assume they are strobes as well as model lights as well, ie: on constantly and strobe if thats the correct wording?

The lights are Smith Victor 500wt hot lights. The one camera left I have a 300wt bulb in it for fill. I am saving for my strobist gear but for now the hots will have to do.

Cold rain? It's been over 100f with the heat index for almost the past week.

And chickens can't play football.

Next your gonna tell me that cause Bruce Lee is buried in Seattle that Americans invented karate....lol....I like ur pics but cmon now, REAL football. Everyone in the world knows REAL football is played with your feet, not thrown to each other.

very nice shot and man you are lucky to have a wife that would stand in the cold "rain" and be your model she must really love you and can't forget the sprinkle fight....

Its too bad someone wiped their butt with your hat.... they would have great pictures otherwise.

Next your gonna tell me that cause Bruce Lee is buried in Seattle that Americans invented karate....lol....I like ur pics but cmon now, REAL football. Everyone in the world knows REAL football is played with your feet, not thrown to each other.

So REAL football is that sport where you fall down, grab your leg, and cry when some one bumps you so you can try and get a penalty on them?

I thought it was the one where when an injured player has to be carried off the field it was most likely for a very serious injury and not so he could get some juice, cookies, and a hankie before getting back onto the field.

ughh steelers...:er:

i like #3. very cool eyes. and great setup!

Needs a newer Steelers cap, so their logo is more readable. The hat's not conveying football,as much as "old baseball cap" that's been worn and loved...a lot! My favorite is the simulated rain shot in #2...the droplet of water on the lower lip is a nice bonus...the thing about shooting rain or faked rain with continuous light is that it's hard to get the exact,right shutter speed to make the drops blurred AND one needs a very dark background AND a little back or side-lighting to make the water drops really well-defined...so your shoot here has solved two out of the three problems very,very well!!

I like the way you've lighted the fake rain stream, and the decision to go with a black backdrop, which is so very helpful,and so very Steelers! As far as the yellowish eyes that V. has in the third shot, also Very Steelers, I'm not crazy about the eye coloration decision...Chuck Noll or Bradshaw might like the homage to the colors, but I don't. But I do like the eye black and the good rendering of the fake rain as seen against the black in the third photo...

I dunno...I think an actual football jersey would really, really help these out. You've got the right idea as to how to do this shoot...eyeblack helps...a bit of mud on the face might help too, if it were done really well and the jersey was also a bit muddy, but that could be tough to get the exact styling right on...besides, Steelers play on turf most of the time anyways...

Hahaha... Got to love the Football V. Soccer debate and the trashing of the 6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS (can anyone else say that).

Thanks for all the comments... My wife is a saint. Even though it was 85f out last night that water had to have been freezing.

So REAL football is that sport where you fall down, grab your leg, and cry when some one bumps you so you can try and get a penalty on them?

I thought it was the one where when an injured player has to be carried off the field it was most likely for a very serious injury and not so he could get some juice, cookies, and a hankie before getting back onto the field.

Look at this collection of wussies and misfit fakers.... "soccer players" Pshaw!
World Cup: a Guide to Fake Injuries - WSJ.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOdxpKj1BgY&feature=related[/ame]

Most reactions

Back