Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Chicory
Chicory.jpg

Underside
Small snail on milkweed.jpg

Great shots Dean. :icon_salut: We have a lot of those flowers here in northern WV. I always wondered what they were named!

Nice ones Dean. You know I've heard about Chicory all my life, but have yet to see it growing wild (or else I didn't realize what I was looking at). Supposedly it's grown for many edible uses Chicory - Wikipedia . As you go further south toward the gulf coast, people have a taste for Chicory Coffee. A taste I never acquired :nosmile: Thanks for sharing, I'll start paying closer attention in the woods now.

Very small snail indeed! Nice pair Dean. :encouragement:
Thanks Jeff. It was hard to focus on for sure. I might have gotten the milkweed actually.
Good shots..........
Thanks.
Nice ones Dean. You know I've heard about Chicory all my life, but have yet to see it growing wild (or else I didn't realize what I was looking at). Supposedly it's grown for many edible uses Chicory - Wikipedia . As you go further south toward the gulf coast, people have a taste for Chicory Coffee. A taste I never acquired :nosmile: Thanks for sharing, I'll start paying closer attention in the woods now.
Thank you for that link Smoke. Lots of info there.

Nice shots! I could google it but my fingers are lazy, is that chicory the same chicory put in coffee?

Yup

Thanks! I must say though, it looks way better than it tastes.

I had a friend/business associate that held dual citizenship in the US and Brazil. Every time he came back to the states, he'd bring a fresh supply of Chicory Coffee, and of course expect us to make it at the office. Let's just say employee consumption of coffee during those times plummeted!

I think I read sometime during my life about Civil War soldiers having to endure the bitterness of Chicory and it adding to their misery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back