robyn_fresh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
newpics101071.jpg

easter099edit.jpg

easter092.jpg

That first shot needed to be zoomed out a bit more so the entire head would be in it.

Second shot - ok

Third shot - why isnt it straight? You can probably PP it and add more color while removing some of that reflection and extra sun glow.

Hello there...couple of things...

Ear is cropped...are the the eyes completely black like that normally?

Everything is in focus...try cropping the photo closer to the child so that the distractions in the background are no longer...well...distractions...

Over-exposed...slanted....and a tree is growing out of the 2nd kid's (from the left) head...and you may want to consider cleaning your lens...there's a smudge on the right-hand side...

Keep going...can't wait to see your progress...I can see where you were going with these...

#3 they had better take care not to slide off the end of the bench. :) fix the horizon in this pic.

1. snap shot. cute baby tho

2. too much empty space that feels unneeded that is but i like the idea.

3. the horizon is not straight - the tilt to the right is a bit distracting

C&C per req:

1. A little too close with too little DoF I think. The point of focus appears to be on the right cheek, leaving the eyes rather soft. When photographing people, unless there is a strong compositional reason not to, it's generally best to have them look toward the camera. Not necessarily straight down the lens, but at least in the photographer's direction. Also note the hard shadows behind caused by the use of flash.

2. This one has a lot of potential, and I don't mind the selective colouration at all, BUT the child is lost in the scene. Given the excellent leading lines produced by the pathway, I think this image could have been much stronger had you shot from a much lower position and tightend the composition to exclude the houses and other distractions in the background.

3. Again, potential for a nice scene here. A couple of thoughts: (1) Don't forget to level your images. The pond water is running out image right and all over my desk. (2) The blown sky and reflections on the water are less than ideal. There are a couple of ways you could go, using a polarizer and graduated neutral density filters to even out the exposure, creating an HDR image to even out the exposure, or metering for the sky and rendering the children as silhouettes only. Lastly, too much DoF; the background adds little to the image, a tighter crop and less DoF would have helped.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

Back