Chili and Pumpkin Stand

My favorite is the second one. Mainly for the balance of colour and composition.

The composition in the first doesn't do a whole lot for me, quite busy. The third one is kinda kool, but man those red chili are bright, and it's all I can seem to look at in the photo.

Fourth is kool also.

#3 is the only one that looks real.. and has accurate color. All of the rest are overprocessed... and bad tonal choices made... especially #4!

#3 is the only one that looks real.. and has accurate color. All of the rest are overprocessed... and bad tonal choices made... especially #4!

Thanks for your opinion. I had no intention when processing them I would go for the "real" look. Just like sepia, bw, vintage, cross processed, etc... This is a way to bring out a different look to the photos that I felt suited them. I have been waiting to find an old truck like this that I could give the HDR treatment to and bring out the rusted metal and textures in. You may not like it in which case no problem and to each his own.

I really don't see these as over processed just a different look.

This is over processed.
overproccessed.jpg

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

I really like #3. Can you play with the luminance and smoothing to make the basket less dark?

I think most HDR-type photos suck. But these are kind of fun and whimsical. I can actually get into this set...and again, I loathe this type of processing--usually. But not on these....I like the pumpkin tote, and the dried chili bundles, and that old Chevy truck. SO, I guess 2,3,and 4 I like!!!

Love these! I don't think they are overprocessed. I think they are interesting. I would have them in my home. I love the colors, shapes, and textures- whimsical, like Derrel said.

These are great ! I wish I could find more interesting scenes near me to inspire me to try more HDR. I guess I better do some research !

I'm going to have to take a completely different approach than most of the prior comments. I happen to really like these images! Really love them. Great work IMHO. I don't find them too busy--with this type of processing, I find the details fun to look at. Just my $0.02, but I'd give them a big thumbs up.

Most reactions

Back