What's new

Chimny on that old rooftop

SoleAddicted

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Queens, New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, well the picture was taken a few months back on a rooftop in NYC. Let me know what you guys think and what i could have done better.
rooftopresized.jpg
 
Yes, very nice colors. I think I would have liked to see the tip of the building in the background. Nice image overall! IMHO.
 
Heya SoleAddicted, welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D
Pics from NYC, what a pleasure. And not the usual view. Even cooler.
Though personally I am not so convinced with this composition. While I do appreciate the rust colour of the chimney, I personally deplore the fact that it kind of merges with the bush behind it, so that the darkest element is set against and also dark background element.
Now I know nothing about where you were and how much room you had to move about. But I so feel like I wish for a chance to move to the right, so that the rusty chimney would move further towards the centre of the photo and fill up the bright empty part in the middle more.
And I also feel an urge to crouch and move the chimney higher within this frame by that changed POV (point of view), which would also make the top part of the high building in the background come into the frame.
Just my thoughts.
 
i really enjoy the color range, if you could have possibly shifted over a few feet to over lap the building in the background i think it might have come together more
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom