Choice between two photos.

Olorin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took a couple pics last night, but of the following two, I'm not sure which I prefer. The first pic was taken with a six second exposure, and the second with ten seconds. I like the stillness of the fisherman in the first, but I like the detail in the rocks in the second pic.

Opinions?

The stillness of the fisherman makes the first image better and with a quick tweak in photoshop you can easily achieve the same detail in the rocks as there is in the second image. i gave it a go and managed it in about 15seconds using shadows/highlight in Photoshop CS.
Under-exposing a touch is always better than overexposing - with under-exposure you can often bring out the details in the dark areas but with over exposure, the details in the light areas are lost at the moment of shooting and cannot be brought back with post processing.

darich said:
The stillness of the fisherman makes the first image better and with a quick tweak in photoshop you can easily achieve the same detail in the rocks as there is in the second image. i gave it a go and managed it in about 15seconds using shadows/highlight in Photoshop CS.
Under-exposing a touch is always better than overexposing - with under-exposure you can often bring out the details in the dark areas but with over exposure, the details in the light areas are lost at the moment of shooting and cannot be brought back with post processing.
Cool, just tried that and it works wonders! Thanks for the advice. :)

Most reactions

Back