Choosing the best photos for my website gallery- I need help!

MuddyRiver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.muddyriverphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was brought to my attention that I should only have the best of my photos featured on my website. I realize that some of my favorite photos may not actually be my best ones. Sometimes it is difficult for me to narrow them down, because of course family and friends say they are all great, and I can biased. I would really, really appreciate it if someone could go to my website and look at my galleries and either tell me your favorites or the ones that need to be taken down. I will probably make my galleries much smaller and only feature a few of the very best. Any pointers on my website would be great too. Thanks! :)

muddyriverphoto.com

Your web site has a nice personality, right now there is not enough images there to really have a good opinion.
there are a few pictures that I like and some that I don't, wihtout a numbering system, it is hard to tell you witch.

I'd lose the one where you took the bride and groom's heads off.

Joe

Just put what you are proud to show. Some will like them, some will not. Opinions vary. Don't try to cater to what you think others will like, cater to what you like and hope that you gain a following based on your work.

I looked through about 25% of your site. For people, you had a few really nice ones. (The pix with the flashy watermarks) The rest so-so. Same with places. The cars on end and the sunset with the tank is nice. My computer is slow to load, so your site takes a long time to look at. Just scale it back and use your best stuff as you were told. Very nice site otherwise. And some nice animal shots. For your so-so stuff, put it on flickr. Good luck with your biz

I highly recommend you loose the music on the web site.
If anything it should be the other way around. Let the site visitor opt-in to listen to the music, rather than having to opt-out or track down a Mute button.
Like a lot of people, as soon as I heard music I left your web site. I don't even bother looking for a Mute button anymore.

I usually have my music playing when I'm on the Internet. Some people my be accessing your web site from work and the sudden music announces to everyone near by they may be goofing off.
Your choice of music may offend a potential customer.

If you are going to be selling photographs, it helps if you study what makes a good photograph.
You might already have these books or others like them:

The Photographer's Vision: Understanding and Appreciating Great Photography

The Photographer's Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos

The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Unless your going to always have someone there picking out photos for you on any work you do, you just need to get used to picking your best work. what you feel is best. I probalby would pick diffrent photos then you. but it's your site, your business so pick what you feel is best and stand on your own two feet.

Most reactions

Back