Chris and Michael (NSFW)

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend Chris and his partner Michael recently commissioned me to do a nude couples shoot for them. This one shot of them with their backs to the camera is my absolute favorite shot from the session. I love the playfulness and intimacy I was able to capture in the shot without even having them face the camera.

Forewarning; if you don't like men's butts or gay couples, you don't want to click this link. If you do, enjoy. ;)
http://orig06.deviantart.net/dc33/f/2015/116/9/a/_mg_6078_by_danostergren-d8r3klz.jpg

Nicely done altho the 'Daddy's' tattoo is a little real life for me.
The only thing I might suggest if you get a chance to reshoot is to have the arm positions of the two reversed so that the buffalo (sic?) tattoo is shown
I certainly wouldn't recognize them in the average crowd. :1247:

Nicely done altho the 'Daddy's' tattoo is a little real life for me.

The only thing I might suggest if you get a chance to reshoot is to have the arm positions of the two reversed so that the buffalo (sic?) tattoo is shown

I certainly wouldn't recognize them in the average crowd.

I don't agree with you about the daddys tattoo detracting from the photo, but I agree that different arm positioning may make for a better shot. This was a client shoot though, and I won't be reshooting unless they travel to Alaska and pay me for a reshoot.

Last edited:
Nicely done altho the 'Daddy's' tattoo is a little real life for me

I think it works in this context because it was a shoot for the couple. If my bf/gf/whomever had a tattoo that they weren't ashamed of, I would want it to be present in the photos as well.

I agree about the arm but it doesn't break the photo by any means. Great job.

Nicely done altho the 'Daddy's' tattoo is a little real life for me

I think it works in this context because it was a shoot for the couple. If my bf/gf/whomever had a tattoo that they weren't ashamed of, I would want it to be present in the photos as well.

I agree about the arm but it doesn't break the photo by any means. Great job.
That's how I feel about the "Daddy's" tattoo as well. I've known Chris for awhile and it's always been something about him that I found interesting and distinct.

I won't be reshooting unless they travel to Alaska and pay me for a reshoot.

Reshooting this in Alaska would be a little cold!:laugh2:
Looks like a great photo too me, good job!!!:)

I wanna know the story behind that tattoo...

I just wish they weren't wearing boots.

I wanna know the story behind that tattoo...
I've never actually asked him about it. I should though; let me get back to you about that.
I just wish they weren't wearing boots.
I can see how no boots could add a different feel and quality to the image. It's one of those things the clients chose to keep on, and I felt they didn't detract from the image. Knowing the clients and their personalities I think the boots add a kinky feeling that suits them.

The textures on the canvas would work really well with the textured grasses in the foreground. Good call.

I always like to have a gander at your shots mate, I think you seem to have a real affinity with your subjects, good framing, good placement and cracking lighting that fits really well. Your shots have come on leaps and bounds since I saw some of your earliest shots on here. Keep up the good work.

The textures on the canvas would work really well with the textured grasses in the foreground. Good call.

I always like to have a gander at your shots mate, I think you seem to have a real affinity with your subjects, good framing, good placement and cracking lighting that fits really well. Your shots have come on leaps and bounds since I saw some of your earliest shots on here. Keep up the good work.
Wow, thank you! It's easy to get down on myself about my photos, so it's always nice to receive such kind and encouraging words.

Most reactions

Back