Christmas in August

LeadSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hometownphotographer.com
I just bought my Canon EOS 20D. I'm completely overwhelmed with all I have to learn between using the camera, the software and editing the photo's.

Anyway.... here is my first photo using the camera. I took some of my daughter, but I'm still working on editing them.

xmas.jpg

Pamela

What? You photographed Christmas decorations?
I thought you had called your thread "Christmas in August" because getting the 20D felt like Christmas to you! (It would to me! Christmas, New Year, birthday and Easter together, actually.....!) But no: one of your first photos is of Christmas decorations! How did you come about those at this time of the year????

That would make a great xmas card. The colors are very good and so is the comp. No need to get to overwhelmed with the camera, 90% of it you will not need if you shoot in manual mode, to which I highly recommend. Manual mode is fast and easy with 20D once you get use to it. Save the raw images you like as that is the hardest part to get use too, you will find that later you will want to rework them as your experience grows.

LaFoto said:
What? You photographed Christmas decorations?
I thought you had called your thread "Christmas in August" because getting the 20D felt like Christmas to you! (It would to me! Christmas, New Year, birthday and Easter together, actually.....!) But no: one of your first photos is of Christmas decorations! How did you come about those at this time of the year????

LOL... Maybe it's my way of celebrating my camera since it feels like Christmas ;) Actually, the little tree is a decorative item, not so much Christmas. Just looks like it. It's stayed in my livingroom because my daughter likes it. It was there, and so was my camera. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback and tips. Appreciated!

Pamela

Most reactions

Back