Photos NOT OK to edit
X Pro-3
f/5.6
ISO 250
1/500 Sec.
Fujifilm XF 23mm f/2 R WR
23 mm Equivalent 35 mm
(Raw...Applied Monochrome Yellow)

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4, & PS).

untitled-11-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez

C&C per request:

First, I like the subject. I'd like to see it with snow on the ground as well, but what can you do?

This was a difficult lighting situation, with some of the mausoleum in direct sunlight and other parts in appreciable shadow. It looks (at least on my work monitor) like some of the highlights on the left are blown. My personal taste for this shot would be to drop the exposure a tad, I'd rather have the detail in the bright areas at the expense of the shadows, losing some detail in the shadows would be fine for this subject. If you did capture the details there and I'm just not seeing them, I'd still consider burning those bright areas just a bit so they don't draw the eye quite as much to the left. But that's a fairly minor nitpick.

What doesn't work so well for me (again, just my opinion) is the composition. My initial gut reaction was that I didn't like how close the building was to the left of the frame, nor how close to the top. Though images are often more interesting when the subject is off-center, I think the symmetry of this building would work nicely for a centered image, at least horizontally. The more I look at it, the more I can get on board with the building being shifted to the side - I don't know that you need the shrub on the right side of the frame, but I don't know that you 're necessarily better without it (it's kind of growing on me). And I can understand if you don't want to include too much of the bare branches above the roof. However, the large chuck of bare ground in the foreground unbalances the image, both in terms of shifting the mausoleum up in the frame and by the relative flatness/lack of detail in the ground when compared to the stone and the bare branches throughout the rest of the image. If you crop to, say, just below the shrub's trunk, the image feels better balanced vertically (to me). (If you do take a stab at recropping, also take a look at the rotation. Without having actually put this image into any kind of software, it looks to my eye like it could use a slight clockwise rotation.)

Just my $.02...

Most reactions

Back