Christmas Window

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p473042802-5.jpg

i put a like on this because i like the colors and buildings, texture. i kinda like the street lamp too actually. i get the point of it was that one window was decorated out of all of them but that really didn't fascinate me that much. The one window another addition to the frame but kind of like if i took a photo of a street with just one house lit up kind of neat but without other things to carry the shot really not neat enough. jmo

Last edited:
i put a like on this because i like the colors and buildings, texture. i kinda like the street lamp too actually. i get the point of it was that one window was decorated out of all of them but that really didn't fascinate me that much. The one window another addition to the frame but kind of like if i took a photo of a street with just one house lit up kind of neat but without other things to carry the shot really not neat enough. jmo

So you "like" things you don't like. Good to know ....

lol. i like it because of the additional factors, not so much just the window. Sorry if i don't like it solely for the reason you took it . i could lie to you and tell you i love the shot just because one window has Christmas lights if you like.

Nice. Too bad about that street lamp.

No sh1t ...
It's nothing, IMO. The shape of the streetlight helps it blend with the windows, and even becomes a counterpoint with the little piece of sky in the upper left. Streetlight is hardly an issue.

Good seeing, sliest.

Nominated for POTM, December, 2014.

lol. i like it because of the additional factors, not so much just the window. Sorry if i don't like it solely for the reason you took it . i could lie to you and tell you i love the shot just because one window has Christmas lights if you like.

Your opinion matters little.

you are right. If anything I am biased to liking your work because you are somewhat local and east coast, environments i recognize and relate to. If you shot in Nebraska i would probably be more critical, but i open all you threads WANTING to like them so it takes a lot for me to say i think one sucks.. like rooting for the home team kind of thing...i like this one but as you said, my opinion means little.

Love everything about it!
:icon_thumleft:

you are right. If anything I am biased to liking your work because you are somewhat local and east coast, environments i recognize and relate to. If you shot in Nebraska i would probably be more critical, but i open all you threads WANTING to like them so it takes a lot for me to say i think one sucks.. like rooting for the home team kind of thing...i like this one but as you said, my opinion means little.

I'm not trying to be mean here. I'm just saying that the criteria you've presented so far for liking or not liking something seems not to be based on anything photographic. At least not in the sense that I could go do something about it if I chose to. I appreciate that you've taken the time to look. I just wish that when you do choose to comment, you write something that makes sense and isn't a rambling mess. I've read your comment several times and I'm still not sure what the hell you're taking about. If you want me to value your opinion, then give me a reason to.

I'm not trying to be mean here. I'm just saying that the criteria you've presented so far for liking or not liking something seems not to be based on anything photographic. At least not in the sense that I could go do something about it if I chose to. I appreciate that you've taken the time to look. I just wish that when you do choose to comment, you write something that makes sense and isn't a rambling mess. I've read your comment several times and I'm still not sure what the hell you're taking about. If you want me to value your opinion, then give me a reason to.
(I know this is for bri but I have to say a thing)
ok... not so long ago I promised myself to give more than two or three words when c&c photo. When I commented I was on the phone. Don't like writing on the phone

So...
I don't like Christmas theme on/with anything, yeah, don't like it... but when I saw that you're OP I clicked on the thread because I knew I'll find something that's not cliche and boring.

Composition is the first thing I'm looking in your photographs. As soon as I saw it I wanted to suggest cropping it from above right corner, then I saw that piece of sky there and because I know that you put a lot into your composition that must be deliberate decision, and I was thinking "Why did he leave it? It must be a reason" and Then I saw the lamp... "Oh that's why" :)

I like it, I repeat and I would like it in BW also.

Ok... now I'm more pleased with my comment :)

mmaria,
I agree. The OP made lemonade...and did a rather nice job of it. ;)

(I know this is for bri but I have to say a thing)
ok... not so long ago I promised myself to give more than two or three words when c&c photo. When I commented I was on the phone. Don't like writing on the phone

So...
I don't like Christmas theme on/with anything, yeah, don't like it... but when I saw that you're OP I clicked on the thread because I knew I'll find something that's not cliche and boring.

Composition is the first thing I'm looking in your photographs. As soon as I saw it I wanted to suggest cropping it from above right corner, then I saw that piece of sky there and because I know that you put a lot into your composition that must be deliberate decision, and I was thinking "Why did he leave it? It must be a reason" and Then I saw the lamp... "Oh that's why" :)

I like it, I repeat and I would like it in BW also.

Ok... now I'm more pleased with my comment :)
it was just for the window. read the first couple comments. And this was what I was trying to tell him on my opinion. If it was just for the window it isn't a strong shot. Okay but not strong. But because of the buildings, colors, and lamp (yes the open space) it carried for me. I really don't know how much clearer I could have put that I even gave the example of "if I were to shoot a house"....
he got lucky here. He shot it just for the one window and somehow pulled out a carrying shot without realizing it. Despite him not liking the street lamp (see above comments) I think it added to the shot. None of this would matter if he was just out taking snapshots i wouldn't comment in such a way. But he seems more interested in keying in on certain aspects in his photography so keying in on just a window with lights is worth mentioning not real strong on its own.

sometimes I don't even "get" his shots like the shopping cart in the parking lot a couple weeks back. I did like the one with the windows last week and the bikes for the nostalgic feel despite having some clutter issues. The flower and the pipes he posted a while back I was somewhat at a loss with (he after explained what he saw) as well as a mill building abstract I recall. (I follow what he posts for work quite a bit as he is somewhat local and a interesting shooter for the most part).

Another thing I like about this shot is at least I understand it. There have been a few he had so far into the abstract side (like the flower and pipe shot) I didn't even know what the hell he was shooting at (which is fine because he did)

Most reactions

Back