Church Walls (need some input :-)

ChristopherGrant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.projectgrant.com
Heyas...

Here's an image from the outskirts of copenhagen. I've been working on various ways of creating black and whites with color images... thoughts? suggestions? Be brutal... or kind, whichever the case may be!

churchwalls.jpg

Thanks for looking!

mostly kind words mate!

i love the geometry and shading of the pic...the dark wall on the right contrasts nicely the with bleached white on the the background. I love the way the center pipe divides the picture and bricks. Very good play with contracts and shapes - there are so many aspects that make it interesting: the window, the pointed edges on the wall, the pipes, the dark wall on the left.

good work!

Hi CG.

I agree with Mark. I like that with the lighter background you have a dark wall at the left, the dark pipe in the middle and another dark wall on the right. I like that the three of them are different shapes. They really make the photo to me. And I like the window! Very non-professional opinion from me but some feedback, none the less!

I don't dislike this photo, but nothing really jumps out at me. My eye just seems to wander aimlessly when I look at it. Maybe if you decreased the DOF it would draw the eye to a certain point and might make it a bit more interesting.

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I have to agree. This is one of the problems I have too. Something attracts you about a scene, but when you photograph it nothing specific ends up being interesting enough to attract the viewer to the shot. A shot with the camera on top facing foward on that right fence wall looks like it could be an interesting possibility.

Mike

Heyas...

Yeah, in regards to the subject, it was non specific and at one point I'd considered re-taking it to possibly make the window on the right a subject. However, due to the height of the wall on the right, this was impossible. It was also considered to put a person in the image as well but the original purpose was to learn how to turn colors into black and whites.

Although I disagree that lack of subject hurts this photo, I do appreciate your input! Next time I retake a similar photo I'm sure I'll think twice about what the subject may or may not be :)

Thanks for the input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back