Cinque Terre for C&C

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody!

Could you please tell me how you feel about this picture? I don't know... just tell me what you like/dislike, and improvements/corrections you can think of. :thumbup:
It could probably benefit from a crop, but not sure how to... :mrgreen:

Thank you all in advance!

6232279766_26ee58bf3f_b.jpg

Regards,
LizardKing

How many exposures was this? I think it's beautiful :)

How many exposures was this? I think it's beautiful :)

Just one, it's not HDR. Does the sky look too 'funny'? Or what made you think it's HDR?
There's some heavy photoshop in the sky... Maybe I went too far. It's hard to tell when you've been staring at the same photo for a long time.

It doesn't look funny I just assumed it was an HDR because how the sky was exposed :)

I hear you. It might look over-cooked, but that's not really bothering me.
Now, taking aside that fact. How do you like the overall image? Is it pleasing to the eye? Do you see issues with the composition?

I know I have to tune it down a little in the sky... And still thinking about a better crop.

Anyway, thank you all for your comments. Really appreciate it.

Regards,
LizardKing

This picture lacks a bit contrast, and needs some space on the right. A wider lens might help.

My friend has a picture that's the exact same thing as this... Lol

Yes, it's a popular photo. One of the best places to take a picture of the town of Manarola.

This picture lacks a bit contrast, and needs some space on the right. A wider lens might help.

Thank you for this. I knew there was something wrong, and you nailed it!
I've been working a little more in the picture:

- Added contrast and brightness.
- Cloned out a couple of imperfections.
- Toned down the sky.
- Cropped it a little bit, and even cloned a little more space on the right.

I like it a lot better now... Do you thing contrast/brightness is good now? Or should I keep working on that?

I'm going to print this in a large size, so I really want it to look the best I can.

Here you have both, the first version and the new one.

Before
6232279766_26ee58bf3f_b.jpg

After
6237225980_e2d8f52908_b.jpg

Regards,
LizardKing

Looks nice. But if I were you, since you cloned out the rocks on the right, I would increase the canvas size on the right and clone more of the sky and sea. Your choice actually, this looks quite nice already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back