Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just practicing with Photoshop, but kinda liked these two:

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02725.jpg

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

I like them both...good job!

These are both very nice. Great textures and graphic elements. A couple of comments. In the wheels, I'd crop the little sliver of hub on the left edge. In the second one, try correcting perspective to get the window sides parallel to the frame edges - not sure this would be better, but I'd try it.

Hi Ken! And thanks for your comments, as always!

I agree about the left edge of the wagon wheels photo, thank you for pointing that out.

For the window shot, I thought exactly the same thing, and did correct the perspective at first. But then, the image totally lost it's punch. The (artificial) angle of the window mirrors the angle of the light below, and as soon as I changed that element of the image, I didn't like it anymore. Heh, but I keep thinking that relying on that distortion to "save" the image feels like cheating, so I might just toss it, not sure yet.

Nope, these were shot with a Sony A100 in colour. I converted them using Photoshop.

Heh, but I keep thinking that relying on that distortion to "save" the image feels like cheating, so I might just toss it, not sure yet.

There is no cheating in photography, or there always was, but no one cares; take your pick. Before PS came along with all of its perspective tools we were propping up one or more corners of printing easels to do the same things. I see what you mean about the angles. I wonder if pushing the perspective (or skew, or whatever) in the other direction might be interesting.

Heh, but I keep thinking that relying on that distortion to "save" the image feels like cheating, so I might just toss it, not sure yet.

There is no cheating in photography, or there always was, but no one cares; take your pick. Before PS came along with all of its perspective tools we were propping up one or more corners of printing easels to do the same things. I see what you mean about the angles. I wonder if pushing the perspective (or skew, or whatever) in the other direction might be interesting.

Very true, I hadn't thought about darkroom practices in that way, but they can be considered "cheating", too, can't they? Cool.
I'm not sure what you mean about pushing the perspective the other way?

I'm not sure what you mean about pushing the perspective the other way?

I meant making the window (and shadow) more tilted instead of trying to straighten it - just an experiment that may or may not be worth the trouble.

Hmm, I like that thought, sounds like fun! I'll give it a try on the weekend.

Most reactions

Back