City at night

amritagudral

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Slums and high rise well adjusted with each other. Need feedback please $uploadfromtaptalk1404231891149.jpg

Amrita

What was your setup/settings?

-Level the horizon
-Colors seem off to me
-Lots of noise/something in the image is killing the image quality. I see light flares which suggest particles in the shot or on the lens. If you were shooting out of a window that may explain some of this.
-Image appears washed out, again could be due to shooting through a window.
-Where's your focus?
-The sky wasn't too interesting, crop more of it out.
-Powerlines are just present enough to be distracting.

Sorry if this seems harsh but this was a rough one for feedback. I'd really like to know what the conditions and settings were for this shot.

2 main things I noticed, I cannot see where the focus is / should be and it looks like it's shot in rain or something / rain on the lens giving flairs..

It's also underexposed and quite blurry. Was this shot on a cellphone by chance?

Hello all, thanks for the detailed feedback. This was taken by nikon D3100. From 4th level of a builiding on a hill.
It was drizzling a bit so I guess flairs have come due to that. I would try to crop out the sky in the next attempt.
Can please somebody guide me how much exposure is needed for night shots for an apt pic and not blurry at the same time.

Amrita

My focus was on the single unlit underconstruction building in the centre... But i guess i missed the point :I

Amrita

Most reactions

Back