Cityscape & The Digital Darkroom

shadesofme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have recently acquired a cheap Student license for PS CS and this is one of the first images manipulated with Photoshop.
In the original photo, the gull was positioned far to the left of the building and the building had a more angled perspective. After some manipulation, this is the final result. Do you like it?

I wish I could do something about the blown highlights.
p.s. The building isn't perfectly straight because the perspective tool isn't exactly intuitive to use. I'll just leave it at that.

dsc2727ee8.jpg

You did well!
I actually don't mind the highlights at all here, for my eyes go immediately to all the detail of the building, enjoying that.

the only thoing you should improve is the gull ..actually the space around it... brush or whatever is visible

Thanks people for the encourangement and advice!
Speaking of the gull, does my artificially moving the gull closer to the building consider cheating?

I wish I could do something about the blown highlights.

Now that you have the software, you can. Shoot in raw, and make 2 exposures. One for the shadows, and one for the highlights, and merge them in Photoshop. You can take multiple photos at different exposure values (the more the better) and use the "merge to HDR" function as well.

Most reactions

Back