Clamps to hold a flash...is this all I need?

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 2 flashes. One 430EX and one Sunpak 383. I would like to make each of these clampable. I see a "Bogen Super Clamp 2900 with Standard Stud" at bhphoto. Will I only need one of these to hold a flash? Strobist.blogspot's lighting101 looks like it has something else attached to it. What is that attachment, and what does it do?

So, i suppose what I am asking is.... to clamp my flash to a table/door/object/etc, what do I need?

ahhhh super.

ok, one more question for now. My receiver is one of these as pictured below. The hot shoe adapter thing doesn't have a circular anchor screw thing (like on flashes to keep them on the camera). So, the device doesn't mount tight enough to keep it secure in the hot shoe mount.

Any things to fix this?

CAM-TRI001_a.jpg

I have a couple of these. Just make sure you add a strip of electrical tape on the shoe mount to avoid your flash contacts making contact with the metal mount.

The stud on the super clamp is for mounting on the top of a light stand, otherwise clamp it wherever it will clamp. I also keep a couple of ball bungees in my bag for the flash. Who knows when it will become handy.

Most reactions

Back