Class picture

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so back when I graduated from high school (1997, if you must know) we had a class portrait taken in the gym of the school. All 270 of us were there. The final product was a panoramic-type deal. I can't for the life of me remember, however, how it was done. I remember making life for the photographer difficult, but that's about it. Any pros out there have any clues? I don't think he used multiple cameras and stiched it together (was Photoshop readily available then??), but it also doesn't look like a fisheye, either. And I'd think that for a regular 40mm lens to do the same thing the camera would have to be about a mile away. So I'm at a loss.

I ask because our ten-year reunion is this summer and we'd like to try to take one. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. So no pressure :)

He could have used a panning camera...I'm not sure what they are called....but essentially the lens pans around an axis and takes in a very wide angle without all the distortion of an ultra wide angle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back