Clay Aiken

I like going into funky little record stores and hunting for vintage albums...I've found some way cool stuff that way. Keeps the turntable in motion. :D The best posters are in there, too.

But your typical "record/CD" store....? Those I do not frequent.

I do wish people would quit supporting these contrived acts. I still remember trying not to hurl when Ms. Spears, at the age of 16, stated she has payed her dues. It's even to the point when Ashley Simpson is caught red handed lip-synching on national her career still flourishes. Heck, why not just bring back Milli Vanilli? These people have no idea what it's like playing the bar/club circuit struggling to pay for equipment, gas and food.
Ok, I'll quit my rant. I feel better now! :)

Gracious, MD..... what an avatar you're sporting!

I'm hooked, baby! :wink:

Walt, I hear ya....I have several musician friends, they actually write songs, play several instruments, and can sing. I'd rather stand in a smoky club and listen to these guys, with more talent in their pinky finger than some of these national acts have combined, than support these fly-by-night, meaningless "acts". These friends of mine are the real thing; they do it almost because they HAVE to, it's in their blood, not because they have any delusions about "amking it" in today's music environment. :roll: A pity.

I agree 100% terri. It's so hard to amk it in the music industry! Too many people with real talent never get oniced. :(

ferny said:
I agree 100% terri. It's so hard to amk it in the music industry! Too many people with real talent never get oniced. :(

ferny, are you drunk? :drunk: :wink:

Terri, that's exactly what I'm talking about! I managed to eak out a living fo a few years playing bass and I had the pleasure to play with and meet some amazing musicians. And you're right, none of them had delusions of grandeur.

I miss the days of ABBA and Boney M!

Most reactions

Back