Cleaning the inside of a lense

Wash it under warm running water.

I put mine in the dishwasher on the China cycle and make sure I have a lot of Jet Dry added to keep from having those nasty water spots. :lol: :lmao: :lol:

Urine!? No way, use fresh blood from a photographer at Ansel adams level, it will give you the best possible photos.

If it doesn't affect the pctures... it doesn't matter!

If it affects your shots, if you cannot replace it under warranty, take it to a GOOD camera shop and they will clean it out for you. Expect to pay 3 digits, as this is NOT an easy or fast thing to do.

very true, especially if you're working with fast primes - I was going to buy a used prime off of ebay (20/2.8 Nikkor) which retails for $500 and was going for $250.

Well found out, when I called SEVERAL stores (local camera stores, and online repair services), that it would cost nearly $250+ to take it apart, ensure proper focusing, clean it out, etc.

Wait for it to be atrocious to justify a cleaning. . .(a number of gentlemen told me that if I had a 85/1.4, it would've been nearly $400 to clean and repair!!) I know some pro's, though, that beat the snot out of their lenses, and get them cleaned at the "end of every wedding season". Go figure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back