Cleaning up storage area

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I couldn't believe what I have laying around in boxes. I found a brand new, in the box Amd Athon XP3000+, Dynatron cooler for socket A, MSI KM4M-L motherboard, 2 gb of ddr366 ram, 80 gb hitachi drive, floppy drive, cd rom burner, Windows XP, Seasonic 500w power supply, and a ATI 9800 Pro agp video card. I had 2003 and the name Carlson written on the box. Geez, what a blast from the past. I remember the lady got in a car wreck and backed out on the build but I since long forgot about it. I have to test it.

Sounds like you need to build yourself a computer!

I just need a beige case as the external drives are that color. I probably have that up in the attic of the pull barn, I recall moving some PC case boxes up there when I moved into the house. I hardly ever built beige PC's other than the bulk (50 to 100) beige box builds I did for Tiger Direct back in the day. It will be a vintage PC, that's for sure. I was surprised to see the prices for agp cards on ebay. I suppose I can build it and selling as a retro XP PC... I see quite a few of them on there as well, who would have thought?

Have fun building pc. I used to do that with bits from boot sales and charity shops
Once I got them up and running that was me done.
Not to say I did not mess up a few on the way and have had more than my share of shocks

Have fun building pc. I used to do that with bits from boot sales and charity shops
Once I got them up and running that was me done.
Not to say I did not mess up a few on the way and have had more than my share of shocks

Iv'e built well over a thousand in my days. Not many anymore. I still occasionally build engineering rigs for a company, he buys 8 at a time, usually when software requires it. I recently got a call from a guy I built one for in 1996 and it is still working! I quoted him a price for a new build and he said he would get back with me. I can't believe all the changes in hardware /performance in such a small time span.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back