Cloning out eye reflections, take one!

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a family session recently for a gorgeous little boy and his beautiful mom. I really love her son's deep. round, dark eyes- they were amazing!

But....

In EVERY shot of this little guy, smack dab in the middle of his eyes, the is a very clear reflection of me! I'm having to go through each shot and attempt to clone myself out, lol.

Is this just normal territory when dealing with dark eyes, or was it my mistake in choice of lighting/etc?

So...here is my first attempt. C&C on this picture greatly appreciated! And do the eyes still look alright?

SOOC (Original straight out of camera)

4793408171_e54b8ff6be.jpg

*wave* say hi! I'm in the eye reflections!:lol:

Here is the edit, attempting to clone the area where I am in his eyes

4793150815_3b017af534.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, i think it doesnt look bad. I usually hate it when you have 2 round reflections far from eachother on one eye (when you have 2 lights in front). He is sooo cute!

Sorry, but I'm not liking this at all. It looks like the top half of his iris has a window "pasted" on it. In my experience, eyes are very difficult things to get right in post; the best way to deal with them is to get it right in camera and keep doing test shots 'til you get catchlights with which you're satisfied.

looks good, just enough to not look like a demonic possession :)

Updated the original post with the original for comparison

Sorry, but I'm not liking this at all. It looks like the top half of his iris has a window "pasted" on it. In my experience, eyes are very difficult things to get right in post; the best way to deal with them is to get it right in camera and keep doing test shots 'til you get catchlights with which you're satisfied.

The reason the window look you're referring to is there, is because I couldn't completely clone myself out, and it put a dividing line in the catchlight =(

The reason the window look you're referring to is there, is because I couldn't completely clone myself out, and it put a dividing line in the catchlight =(

I think the horizontal line is what's bothering me the most; could you take it back to the pixel room and maybe clone just a little more on say the right side of each eye?

just keep cloning it until you have no white left. Then use a white brush and put your own reflection. When I get home from work, ill show you an example. Make sure the own reflection you did is at the exact spot on the other eye.

Most reactions

Back