hanyo66.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The_Sun_Shines_Down_by_hanyo66.jpg

Thoughts?

Panasonic FZ8
f2.8
1/500

Just find it is not sharp enough. The flower seems not to stand out enough. The colour seems pale and dull. Just my two cents worth. And it may take time for people to get your post.

It helps if you wait more than 93 minutes for a comment.

Besides that, it looks kinda "blah" to me - snapshot-like.

Thanks for the comments.

And sorry about being pushy, I'm just used to things being replied to really fast like the other forums I'm on.

Composition is uninteresting ... very centred with much unnecessary and distracting background, yet the group of leaves that belongs to the bud cropped off by the bottom frame. Maybe that kept people from commenting, they might not have wanted to say anything negative at all, so they said nothing.

for shooting at a f2.8 the background is still too sharp. i suppose the leaves in the background were too close to blur them. i would of pulled the flower bud out of the ground, held it in my hand and made the background leaves farther away to get the "bokeh" look.

what forum is that? I might just join! haha..yeah it's hard for people to comment on pictures here...I'm like that sometimes too even when the picture is amazing but I like the pic

Composition is uninteresting ... very centred with much unnecessary and distracting background, yet the group of leaves that belongs to the bud cropped off by the bottom frame. Maybe that kept people from commenting, they might not have wanted to say anything negative at all, so they said nothing.

Thanks, I was looking for a response like that. Thanks for the crit.

for shooting at a f2.8 the background is still too sharp. i suppose the leaves in the background were too close to blur them. i would of pulled the flower bud out of the ground, held it in my hand and made the background leaves farther away to get the "bokeh" look.

I'll try that when the snow melts

what forum is that? I might just join! haha..yeah it's hard for people to comment on pictures here...I'm like that sometimes too even when the picture is amazing but I like the pic

Skateperception. It's mainly a filming site for skateboarding, but they have an off topic photo section and there are some good people on there.

this is what i was talking about when blurring the background. i snapped this tonight

IMG_0147copy.jpg

big aperture matched with a shutter speed that indicated a correct exposure for the lighting.

I like it. Maybe a bit dull though.

Most reactions

Back