What's new

Close-up work with kit equipment.

24megapixseal72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 26, 2024
Messages
243
Reaction score
723
Location
Kansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While I could never compete with the excellent macro-shooters here on the TPF, BUT I definitely have FUN with my OLD D3500 and AF-P DX 70-300 4.5-6.3 VR kit lens.

I'm amazed at how well that cheap lens does...I've read somewhere in the past that that lens isn't too bad for "pseudo-macro" work.

My much more expensive Nikon AF-S FX 500 5.6 PF VR, doesn't even come close to the photos from this cheap lens, for macro work....it has its own skill set... LOLOL

I just encourage everyone to get out and give it a try....and the butterflies are swarming thru on their migration, so lots of photo ops for all!

Hope you all enjoy and are encouraged!
DSC_3887.webp
DSC_3887 (1).webp
DSC_3898.webp
DSC_3899.webp
DSC_3922 (1).webp
DSC_3924 (1).webp
DSC_3986.webp
DSC_3983.webp
DSC_3979.webp
DSC_3977.webp
DSC_3837.webp
DSC_3837 (1).webp
 
You might look into the Micro-Nikkor AFS 40/2.8g. Great affordable micro and good almost "normal" lens at 60mm equiv. Nice bokeh and DOF control. Prefer it to the 35/1.8g.
 
60mm equivalent wouldn't work for me, I have to use all of the 450mm equivalent of this lens so they won't fly away!!!
 
60mm equivalent wouldn't work for me, I have to use all of the 450mm equivalent of this lens so they won't fly away!!!
Lots of different kinds of macro...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom