Closest thing to a model I've got. C&C

Harris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, Breeana's post pushed me over the edge so I decided to share some of the photos I took while trying to figure out the settings on my new (to me) 450D. All taken with the kit lens. Please feel free to C&C, all PP if you can call it that was done strictly in iPhoto (haven't decided on a program yet).

Let me introduce Gizmo, probably the only model I've got around that sits on command.

F/5.6 ISO 400 1/100 49mm
IMG_0859_2.jpg

IMG_0858_2.jpg

IMG_0857_2-1.jpg

And I had to go a little artsy with this one - as per the misses, she prefers the black and white.
IMG_0857.jpg

I love the third shot of Gizmo -that side glance expression is priceless!

I think #2 is your money shot, although the eyes are a touch soft. The nose is in good focus. Maybe f/6.3 or 7.1 would take care of that, or try to focus better on the eyes--that is one of my big Achilles heels.

BTW: Gizmo does not look amused. How on earth did you get a Boxer to sit still long enough to take a picture? Those things are as neurotic as cats.

Been training him since he was a pup, although he sits on command, he won't stay - that's why the weird look in pic 3. Thanks for the input, I'll give it another go tomorrow and try the lower f stop.

I'm going to disagree with everyone else and say the first one is my favorite as far as the pose. Its a tad soft, but its great how he looks so... stoic and proud. :)

Sometimes the best models aren't even those you'd consider models... :)

I'm a huge dog lover, so, I'm partial, but this dog RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to second Baaaark here, and go with the first one... I think that one was nailed superbly :)

All are good though, even despite some focus issues on the third pic. I just love this dog, and wish I owned one just like him. Do more man!

Thanks for the input guys, gotta leave town for the weekend - gonna try and shoot my aunts wedding (just to see how I do - C&C questions will be posted) but I'll get some more of Giz when I return.

Most reactions

Back