Cloudy!

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came from work yesterday, and it was so overcast. Thick, low clouds. I ran in and got my camera to shoot this, in the wonderful light.

3616106964_14b8ecd8a0_o.jpg

Now I have a reason to be excited about cloudy days!
Shot with the 50mm. I don't care much for that lens, but it gained a few points here :). I did one sharpen level, and a touch of contrast.

You. Are. Lucky.

Arizona never relents on the screaming, blaring, exhausting, BAD 365 lighting.

Nice shot David! It looks as though your sharpening or contrast may have created a line on the edge of the outside pedals. I don't know how to describe it, but it looks outlined in a way. Great shot though, and excellent color on the rose. :thumbup:

Those lines might be haloing from interpolation.

Very nice shot!

Nice shot David! It looks as though your sharpening or contrast may have created a line on the edge of the outside pedals. I don't know how to describe it, but it looks outlined in a way. Great shot though, and excellent color on the rose. :thumbup:

It almost looks 3-d or something. REgardless, its a very vivid great picture!

Did you adjust the vibrance or saturation? That red is CRAZY bright!

I didn't really see what you were talking about, at first. I see it now, mostly where the orange comes across the green. I looked at the original, and it looks similar. It is stronger after sharpening though.

Those lines might be haloing from interpolation.

Very nice shot!
Interpolation ...comes from reducing the image size and resolution?

Did you adjust the vibrance or saturation? That red is CRAZY bright!

I didn't touch the saturation. This isn't a red rose, it is Hot Orange (flourescent orange), into Peach coloring. This rose bush came with the house and am told it is quite old. I hate it's location, but I am afraid to try to ever move it. I have never seen a rose quite this color before, and most people who see it are stunned by the color.

Thanks for the comments.

I didn't really see what you were talking about, at first. I see it now, mostly where the orange comes across the green. I looked at the original, and it looks similar. It is stronger after sharpening though.
Usually if you've over-sharpened an image you start to get white haloing at the edges. I don't see that here. What I think is happening here is you have a very strong reddish orange color and a nice dark green color and since they're contrasting colors you're going to get a kind of visual vibration where the two colors meet...an optical illusion.
I didn't touch the saturation. This isn't a red rose, it is Hot Orange (flourescent orange), into Peach coloring. This rose bush came with the house and am told it is quite old. I hate it's location, but I am afraid to try to ever move it. I have never seen a rose quite this color before, and most people who see it are stunned by the color.
It's a very beautiful rose, that's for sure.

I like the image, only wish the rose was leaning into the frame instead of out of it.

Most reactions

Back