Cock Pheasant

John 2

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Over the weekend I came across a pre owned Fuji Film 2x converter at a pretty decent price. I already have the 1.4 which is almost permanently attached to my 100-400mm giving me a max reach of 560mm. I had been undecided as to whether I could justify the full new purchase price for the x2 but given the price of this one, I bought it wondering whether I could use it with the 70-300mm instead of swapping the 1.4x back and forth. Gave it a trial run this afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised - see the image below. Compared to the 100-400 + 1.4x combination, the 70 -300mm + 2x gives 600mm max with little loss of aperture compared to the 100-400 and the combination is a lot smaller and easier to hand hold. Now I'm wondering if I have the courage to dispense with the 100-400mm. Uuuum?

Fuji X-T4 Fuji 70-300mm+ Fuji 2.0x
Cock Pheasant_1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
They are fantastic looking birds. Always look arrogant with their wee swagger (until a 12 bore aims at them🤣). Nicely taken J.

Thanks for the comments all.
Not that many about at the moment SF but later in the year you can be tripping over them up on the fells.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back