What's new

Cold

Sebastian_Riel

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
97
Reaction score
6
Location
Saskatoon; Sask
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
cold.jpg
 

Nice perspective, but the bridge should be further to the left to satisfy the rule of thirds. Furthermore, the picture is underexposed and the colours are quite dull. You could try HDR here, it would create a nice dramatic sky.
 
My own opinion; I like that its under exposed and kinda dull. It gives a lonesome and desolate feel to it. But I do agree that bridge should be a touch more to the left, and I would have cropped out the top a little bit more cause the top of the bridge is almost right on the horizon point of the photo.
 
Nice perspective, but the bridge should be further to the left to satisfy the rule of thirds. Furthermore, the picture is underexposed and the colours are quite dull. You could try HDR here, it would create a nice dramatic sky.
Haha I'm laughing at your hdr comment; this is tone mapped with 3 bracketed exposures. :D I don't always agree with the rule of thirds; larger higher rez it looks awesome; but thanks for your opinion :)
My own opinion; I like that its under exposed and kinda dull. It gives a lonesome and desolate feel to it. But I do agree that bridge should be a touch more to the left, and I would have cropped out the top a little bit more cause the top of the bridge is almost right on the horizon point of the photo.
I want the bridge to be the center of attention; and then the atmosphere around it envelopes you. That's the idea :) Thanks for your opinion :)
 
The only thing I'm thinking is that it may have benefitted from being shot from a lower perspective. I think that may have put a little more of the bridge structure up into the lighter sky area and defined it a little more. Just a thought. I do like the look of the shot as is though.
 
I want the bridge to be the center of attention; and then the atmosphere around it envelopes you. That's the idea :) Thanks for your opinion :)

Now knowing that changes my original statement. Though I do have to agree with the comment above.
 
Perhaps this small web-sized image just doesn't do it justice, but I'm not wowed by it at all.
 
Imo, you should either have the bridge dead centre to have that striking sense of perspective or you should shift the bridge to the left to satisfy the rule of thirds.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom