colonial wagon wheel

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this at an old iron furnace the other day. C&C welcome.

DSC01499BW.jpg

Thanks. The color version of this wasn't bad, but I felt it really popped in B&W.

Great shot. The wall looks amazing.

I just want to reach out and touch it.

Great shot. The wall looks amazing.

I just want to reach out and touch it.

Thanks. :D This place was great for texture related shots. Lots of old stone walls, tile roof shingles, log rafters and old wood; still working on those at the moment.

Great shot! Did you apply any sharpening?

That wall has too much potential - I'd love to be able to see more of the detail.

I know you say not to edit your photos, but if you PM me your email I'll send you a copy after PSCS4 > find edges > set levels > set selection >smart sharpen. Man, does it make that wall come to life. You can also give me permission to just post it - but I couldn't resist messing with it for you.

-Josh

Gosh I wish I could find a place like that around here. Did you take any other pics there? This one really is amazing.

Actually I took 415 shots at this place and I'm quite proud of most of them, but due to my stupidity in PE5, I have messed most of them up for posting on the board.:blushing: Don't get me wrong, the shots themselves still look fine on my pc, but due to how I saved them they won't travel well to the internet. I also have the very bad habit of saving over the original file, so there is little I can do now to fix the problem.:(

The good news is - someone here on the forums where I posted the wrongly saved shots, helped by telling me what it was I was doing wrong and I have learned from my mistake and will not do it in the future. Plus, this place [Hopewell Furnace] is only a short distance from where I live and so getting more photos is not a problem; in fact I hope to get back there in the next week or two. :D

Great shot! Did you apply any sharpening?

That wall has too much potential - I'd love to be able to see more of the detail.

I know you say not to edit your photos, but if you PM me your email I'll send you a copy after PSCS4 > find edges > set levels > set selection >smart sharpen. Man, does it make that wall come to life. You can also give me permission to just post it - but I couldn't resist messing with it for you.

-Josh

You have my permisson to post it here.:thumbup: To be honset, I was so overwhelmed by the number of photos I had to go through from this outing that I don't recall what, if anything, I did to this shot other than a quick crop, and changing to B&W. :confused::lol:

A Little Extra Post

PSCS4 > find edges > set levels > set selection >smart sharpen

Def. Makes the wood grain and wall texture "pop"

DSC01499BW.jpg

I agree ---- but i don't have PSCS4, all I have is photo shop elements 5. :)

Most reactions

Back