Status
Not open for further replies.

360carstudio.de

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey im really tired.

Im looking for a Camera that gives me Most accurate colors.

Im so tired of Reading and trying around, idont have words for that. I try for years for a solution.

We using CRI95 flouriscent Lights with 6500k and varoius LED Lights, also Hensel Studio flashes.

We try Colorchecker Digital with Xrite Software, Basiccolor Input, Lumariver.

We try different Cameras over years (5D MKII, 5Ds R, EOS R, Sony A7III) and now i buyed a EOS R5, hoping Standard Camera Profile for ACR was good enough to get good colors.

But at least i See better and more accurate colors from my Pixel Phone Camera.

Sometimes its Not even near the Color that i See in Front of me.

I dont want to Spend 20k for a Hasselblad or Something when my Phone can do a better Job.

Any ideas?

Look at the Brown from Interieur. On left Side R5, right EOS R both RAW with ACR (Camera Standard), with Exterieur taken with Google Pixel, Color real accurate.

Attachments

• IMG-20211209-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20211209-WA0003.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-20211209-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20211209-WA0002.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I usually just find a white or black space and use that to set white balance (I also shoot raw). Maybe try one of these in a spot that can be cropped out.

Grey Card by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

White Balance is not the problem (we also have Xrite Grey Card, spydercheker Cube), we find Out our Grey flooring is pretty great and gives also perfekt white balance. 😁 Its Problem with the Camera Profile! Lots of funny different Color with Adobe or Camera Profiles or with the Profiles from Xrite Software. But Not the correct Color. 🤮

Here i have a old Picture attached. Both Pictures taken RAW, Same Camera, Same settings, Same Car, same Camera Profile, correct White Balance, only different light gives total wrong yellow in the Car.

Attachments

• waaa.jpg
    waaa.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
You always have to manage white balance / color balance between raw file and output. Regardless of what WB you set in camera, the camera will do a little thinking on its own.

If you need truly accurate colors, you need to use Photoshop or Capture One where you can pin color readouts in the image that shows LAB or RGB values, then adjust until the color readout shows the correct value.

I dont want to Spend 20k for a Hasselblad or Something when my Phone can do a better Job.
Now that is something I would like to see :)

I have been a Pro Photographer for many many years and to be blunt there is, and never will be a phone camera as good as a Hasselblad

Les

Nope… I was never good with miracles.
Makes me laugh with comments like " My phone is better than any camera " etc etc

I hear this all the time- One customer, well a potential customer- refused a quote for a Wedding shoot and added my sister has the latest iPhone and she can do the shoot an for half the price you quoted.......

Needless to say the images she later posted on Facebook, were at best, abysmal :) I tried very hard NOT to comment, but I have to admit I did laugh out loud when I saw them .

What is the old adage, you get what you pay for ?

Les :)

Okay, nothing helpful for now. :(

I never say my Phone Makes better Pictures then a Hasselblad, I say my Phone Makes more Color accurate Pictures then my EOS R5 and i dont want to buy a 20k Camera.

Maybe im in the wrong Forum. Think i can find some pro product Photographer with some know how about Color reproduction.

Maybe im in the wrong Forum.

Or maybe your understanding of colour science is not supporting
your ambitions. I discovered that there is a lot of good people here
if one invests the time to investigate.

You are asking for a camera that takes color the way you eyes sees color.

There is not one, at any cost.

Making the color match what you think is correct is your job, not the cameras.

This is done in post processing with software in today’s digital world.

In the past it was done post in a darkroom. But it still had to be done, even with a $20,000 Hasselblad.

Oh okay my fault. Then sounds Like an easy Job for Camera manufacturers. They only have to Deliver a Basic wrong Picture with false colours an i should remember and Paint that the right way in Photoshop. That Sounds great!

So why spend thousands for professionell Camera Gear If have have to do the Work.and correct every image? Why i have to manipulate a yellow or a brown? To complicated for the Camera? Only face optimisation that can give faulty orange colors?

Why my Phone give me every single Image a 9 Out of 10 in Color under Studio condition? And the Cameras Not?

How can that be normal?

Oh okay my fault. Then sounds Like an easy Job for Camera manufacturers. They only have to Deliver a Basic wrong Picture with false colours an i should remember and Paint that the right way in Photoshop. That Sounds great!
So why spend thousands for professionell Camera Gear If have have to do the Work.and correct every image? Why i
have to manipulate a yellow or a brown? To complicated for the Camera? Only face optimisation that can give faulty
orange colors?
Why my Phone give me every single Image a 9 Out of 10 in Color under Studio condition? And the Cameras Not? How
can that be normal?

IF YOU WERE IN THE WRONG FORUM, THERE WOULD BE NOBODY TO
BOTHER TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU.

A camera is like an art supply shop — they have an inventory of wood, wool,
all kinds of natural and artificial stuff… but no masterpieces whatsoever. The
camera will offer you only what it captures: PHOTONS and in three flavours:
quantity, colour ratio, and position. Basic wrong Picture with false colours
you say? Well, somehow you are right. It captures a scene and records data
— not on a film that can also record wrong colours — but on a sensor. At su-
per high speed, it will record how many photons, in which ratio, and in what
order on each and every photosite or pixel… rigorously. The lens captures as
the camera records — data that is… no pictures.

The painter or sculptor in the atelier is alone with his/her imagination and ta-
lent just like you are in studio or on location — from raw material to the master
piece or flop. Why spend thousands for pro Gear you ask? Because we are
demanding that at such recording speed, everything will be done correctly. Top
money gives one access to scenes records that are difficult to capture in terms
of DR, speed of execution, etc but that has nothing to do with colours.

When it comes to colours, ratio is the keyword that was mentioned and the on-
ly one that counts. One of the coolest feature of data recording is the said ratio
and the better way to use it is with a neutral reference like a neutral grey card.
Under the same recording conditions, the ratio will be the same. The advantage
is that whatever tweak is done to achieve the right colours on one set of data is
copied to ALL the sets captured in the same conditions. Correct every image
you say? Yes, you got that right… but at copy/paste speed.

Digital photography is a three elementary colour activity and they are additive:
Red + Green + Blue aka as RGB colour space. It is the ratio of this trio that will
render zillions of colours — even that brown you're after. Manipulate a yellow
or a brown
you ask? Get one colour right in the ratio and all will fall in the place.

Ok for now, I should get moving… my coffee is finished and the client is waiting.

Okay, nothing helpful for now. :(

I never say my Phone Makes better Pictures then a Hasselblad, I say my Phone Makes more Color accurate Pictures then my EOS R5 and i dont want to buy a 20k Camera.

Maybe im in the wrong Forum. Think i can find some pro product Photographer with some know how about Color reproduction.

" dont want to Spend 20k for a Hasselblad or Something when my Phone can do a better Job."

Really- then what did this statement mean ?

Les :)

Any of those cameras you mentioned should be able to produce accurate colours, so I think there's something in your process that's not quite right.

Fluroecent lights are notorious for causing flicker and colour issues, so not ideal for consitant results. I also notice a large window in one shot of the car interior and not in another. If you are mixing light sources then that can be another cause of issues.

How are you setting your white balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back