Color Correction ?

Genka81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My husband and I were looking at my photos, I was on my laptop (Macbook Pro Glossy Screen) and he is on his (Macbook Pro booted in windows-Matte Screen). Well, my photos and many other peoples look like crap on his computer. The blacks are not black, the contrast is off, and it so all the flaws of the pictures that I thought was corrected with photoshop. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm really annoyed because I don't know how I can make my work look best on his screen if mine screen is showing it 10xs better. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated, THANKS!

I'm not to sure, but maybe calibrate his and your screens?
blue

try changing the display settings...
it will be difficult to make it true to your (different) screen

Laptops are notorious for having really sh!!ty displays for looking at photographs.

That is because they are usually TN (Twisted Nematic) type displays that have viewing angles so narrow you can't view an entire image at the same time while seeing all of it accurately.

Laptops also have far fewer controls for calibrating the display.

For viewing photographs many plug an external display into their laptop.

IPS (In-Plane Switching) and PVA (Patterned Vertical Alignment) display types are much better for veiwing photos.

Have your husband boot his system using the MacOS and see if it still looks bad to you.

if it does, then it's the difference between Matte and Glossy screens.

If it looks OK to you, then it's the gamut setting in the Windows OS. You'll need to edit your Display Colour space.

Cheers,
Tyler

Most reactions

New Topics

Back