color enlarging

Fender5388

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i recently started developing my own color film with the intentions of scanning and making ink jet prints. But i'd like to learn to do it in the dark room too. anyone know a good place online to learn how? im having issues finding information. I have access to all the equipment i need in my school.

There are many, many books written on color darkroom work and they are very inexpensive now that so few are interested in that aspect of the craft these days.

do you have any good ones in mind? we have a great library, and amazon has cheap books too.

Sorry, I'm a B&W darkroom guy. I said what I said because if I wanted to do color darkroom myself I would just start grabbing color darkroom books and reading them. Keeping in mind, of course, that today's available materials are much more limited than they used to be.

Also, double check with the lab to be sure they are set up for color printing. It is a whole different world, Color has to be worked in IN THE DARK, (no safe light while making exposures) and no safe light for developing unless your using tubes.

Go over to apug.org , there are a whole slew of folks doing their own color work and you should find more help there.

I only printed color for one year, many years ago; and only because as a photo educator I thought it was important. But black and white is my passion.

thanks for the replies, its just something i want to try, i feel like while im in college still i want to experiment as much as i can while i have the resources. My professor doesnt teach color anymore, but he said he'd help me if i want to learn. I will check out that website, and look for books as well. Thanks again!

that certainly makes sense

Most reactions

New Topics

Back