Color film base color is off

Bohang

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I processed two rolls of color film (they all color plus 200),one after they other. same chemicals and same temperature, in my Jobo,but the film base color is different. The one on the right looks good, but the one on the left looks off in comparison. Any one has any ideas what cause this to happen? Thanks!
CDB4D027-8C8E-4926-ACF2-9367E5D084A6.jpeg

I do not know enough about the home C-41 kits as they are different than the C-41 processor I use at work. Might be the developer or bleach/fix was contaminated or off temp?

Is the rest of the roll on the left OK? It looks like the anti-halation layer (stops light from reflecting off the base back into the emulsion) on the first 6 frames is missing, but the last two look OK. If that's the case, you have a partially defective roll of film.

I do not know enough about the home C-41 kits as they are different than the C-41 processor I use at work. Might be the developer or bleach/fix was contaminated or off temp?
I think we use the same thing. I am using Kodak flexicolor.

Is the rest of the roll on the left OK? It looks like the anti-halation layer (stops light from reflecting off the base back into the emulsion) on the first 6 frames is missing, but the last two look OK. If that's the case, you have a partially defective roll of film.
I think the dark imag is due to overexposure.

I'm leaning toward a color developer problem. Guessing contamination or exhausted.
I tried another roll of 120, it came out still not right. The base is not really orange, but just a little bit of orange. I am guessing the deveoper?

Most reactions

Back