Color help please? :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
No this isn't a photo I'm saving, but it is one of the many that I'm seeing some "strangeness" with...

is it just me or are the colors in this photo weird? Like almost cartoonish looking?

I'm on my laptop for the first time in months because I currently don't have a desk chair for my PC. I'm trying to redo a lot of things in my room and furniture is one of them. I know it is definitely in sRGB. I did accidentally export from LR in prophoto at one point, but I made sure to fix it for this photo... I am really hoping it's my monitor that is messed up and not my lens... Please let me know if the colors look right in this photo to you :)

Specifically, the highlights in the shirt look almost flourescent? but there was one of my daughter were her cheeks, chin, and tip of her nose were like a bright salmon color... I really hope this is a monitor issue with my laptop and not an issue with the lens :/

5844135692_2a3cc8610e.jpg

YES, the orange and the yellow are quite over-saturated. The yellow does look cartoonish, and the orange is not far behind. The image also looks over-exposed. Was it captured in RAW mode? Can you tone down the saturation? Can you re-process the image?

If I told you this was SOOC other than a crop, would that change your opinion? Maybe I should get the one of my daughter.... Or not because after looking back at it, there were other reasons for "discarding" that shot... It wasn't all that great to begin with...

Is it a Raw SOOC subsequently converted to JPEG for online display, or an edited automatically in the camera JPEG SOOC.

Raw converted to JPEG to upload to flickr.... However, I saw the "color" issue even while it was in RAW format in LR... I'm on my desktop now and it looks more just like blown highlights now... I haven't had access to my desktop for about 5 days because we've been moving furniture in my room! I'll be importing the photos from the card to the desktop later so I can edit them on the desktop and make sure they actually look right :)

Maybe color balance issues cause by shooting into a brown puddle of water and having that light reflected off the water affect the other colors?

The skin on the child's leg looks a little to yellow, I'm sure correcting that will correct the "cartoon look" of the orange and yellow. Crop wise, do you have her full relfection in the puddle? I think it would look so cute with the crop of her body that you have here but with her full reflection in the puddle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back