Colorado Springs Panorama (Link)

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I provided a link instead of loading it to the page. It's pretty big, 1.48MB which is resized down from 9.39MB. This is the new snow on the mountains about 10:00am Easter morning. The mountain on the right is Pikes Peak and the mountain on the far left is Cheyenne Mountain which houses NORAD (it's built into the mountain). Any suggestions for better panoramas would be appreciated. This is the first one in PS that I've done.

http://www.drdansinfo.com/Panorama_Easter_04_edited_resized.jpg

Hi Doc.

Nice job, the only place I see seams is a long fence and in shadows on the left edge of the field, I assume you used a tripod, who many frames did you use and what is the over lap of each

Hey, that's a beautiful shot! I can't say I noticed any seams, but I wasn't really looking for them, I was admiring the view. :D

I did use a tripod and was not that careful about overlap. I believe there were five picture put together for this. I just decided to snap some in case I got around to trying panorama in PS. I have to say the Camedia software with my old Olympus did a better job but in that case the camera has to be set in panorama mode and has framing lines to get the overlap right. I think exposure is set and kept the same for all in the series too.

Creat panorma. I like to take these shots at very special places. I have difficulty stiching them together as the air never seems to have the same shading at the adges of my images. It must be my cheap camera making things difficult for me. I will buy a better one soon and then do the same you did, freeze the lighting.

Your panoramic really gives me a good feel for how enormous your mountain range is. It also makes for a good background. :wink: Good job with the stitching. It almost seems like you actually took it with a large panoramic camera.

Looks darn good to me!
I think it would look neat if you zoomed in somewhat to eliminate much of the foreground and show more of the mountains, just a thought.
You've set me thinking about where I can try this now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back