Colors of Night

inneist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1A
colornight1.jpg

1B
colornight2.jpg

The blue and gold in the first is ever so intriguing. I am staring at the photo wondering what it actually is that I am seeing! It is wet cobblestone pavement, isn't it? Very interesting and the colours go together perfectly.

I also like the second and any time I see this outside (we get plenty of this these days) when I am "in town" (where there is the pool), I tell myself I would need to take a photo of it, but I never really do, for I am always too reluctant to actually leave the car. So the only time I ever did take a photo of it at that one particular crossing where there can be so many lights, I took it through my windscreen :roll: --- it still is up here somewhere, tucked away in the Photo_Themes_Post_70_Page_2 ... but upon closer inspection of my photo I find it really bad, through the wet screen, with the camera on auto (i.e. wide open aperture, all lights as blobs ... no good really).

Your second photo here also shows some signs of camera shake, doesn't it? You handheld that one???

What you've said already. ;) I walked in the rain so I could get away with the windshield thing, but naturally without a tripod in hand.

LaFoto, in one day you've reminded me twice. Yeah, a SLR camera is on my agenda for this year! :)

I love #1. Awesome colors and details.
This is definatley one thing I would never think to take a picture of.
Do you mind telling us your settings?

#1 is great. Good eye. Nice colours. I love this kind of work. Thanks for sharing!!

pascal

Really like the second one, too bad it's a bit blurry (or am I seeing that wrong?)

#2 is out of focus, but nicely composed, #1 is very well shot! :thumbup:

Do you mind telling us your settings?

I just checked the exif data for you. Exposure time was 1/4 second, and the F number: 3.3. It's a simple shot. I think the stone and the lamp light made the strong colors come out.

The first one has amazing colours. Was it reflected from a neon sign?

Thanks! Yeah, I've also decided #1 is my pick. About the light, it's out of the old lamps. #2 is probably neon light though.

I edited it tonight and gave it a crazy look. But... no, I think I still should take the original.

novrain.jpg

I love your pictures, tsienni, thank you for sharing them with us. :hugs:

Most reactions

Back