Colour

e999sam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This afternoon I took some pictures of some flowers. On the preview screen of my camera the colours looked true to the flowers but when I viewed them on my lap top they were way out ( light blue instead of deep purple) The question is if I was to print this image would they come out correct as the camera shot or would they come out as they were displayed on my lap top?

Firstly...an image on the screen on the back of the camera is a poor place to determine colour or exposure. Secondly, is your laptop monitor calibrated properly?

I guess the easy way to find out, is to print the image and see what it looks like.

If accurate colour is your goal, the first step is to calibrate your monitor. The best way is to use a hardware device like the Colorvision Spyder, (or Pantone Hewey ?). Then you can be relatively confident that what you see on the monitor is accurate.

I have tried printing an image and the colours are ok. I also viewed it on my desk top PC and the colour is also ok. So I will have use the desk top until I can afford the hard ware to calibrate my laptop.

calibrating laptop screens is often of very limited success ... unlike desktop screens they have little which can be adjusted.

You can give it a try, but do not expect too much.

Keep in mind an LCD screen, (any one, on a laptop or camera) will give you different contrast depending on the angle of view. This is why you shouldn't rely on them for judging exposure, color, or contrast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back