Photos NOT OK to edit
3371022783_2a3ea6372e.jpg

Camera: Sony DSLR-A700
Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)
Aperture: f/11.0
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 6400
Exposure Bias: -1/2 EV

Converted the B/W and bumped up the contrast to the max with the camera settings. Did a little bit of enhancements to the blacks in post.

I did this for a themed assignment on another forum. The theme was "song titles" so I did Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb"

Oh, and I have diabetes, which is why I have access to syringes :lol:

Very emotive - to point of being a bit chilling because of the title. The film grain look is an important element of the image for me.

I very much like the grain, plus the excellent use of depth of field here. Heck, I'd go for more grain even -- if your camera has an ISO 12800 or "HI" mode, give that a try. It might also be good to get a different crop, with the tip of the syringe just a bit farther away from the edge -- it feels a bit uncomfortable that close (and I don't think that helps your composition).

Totaly not what I was expecting , but I like it. It kind of has that earey feel to it. There is a little grain but I think it adds to the picture. What did you do to keep the drop of "liquid" on the end of the needle?
Peace
Wes

Totaly not what I was expecting , but I like it. It kind of has that earey feel to it. There is a little grain but I think it adds to the picture. What did you do to keep the drop of "liquid" on the end of the needle?
Peace
Wes

The liquid was a light green all purpose cleaner. I thought green would look cool but then I remembered I was doing it in b/w! Once it was in the syringe the liquid looked pretty much like water anyways. I'll have to try it again sometime with different angles and crops. Thanks for the input everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back