Common print sizes

misol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am making my print price list and only want to list on my website common sizes (with a clickable link for all sizes). Its just because I know that many numbers can overwhelm people if I offer every size on mpix. What are your commonly sold sizes?

4x6
5x7
8x10

Those would be the obvious ones...

8.5x11 and 8x12 would probably be good too.

EDIT
I don't sell anything, but those are the sizes I print for myself. I don't think it would be drastically different if I were selling them.

yeah I have 4x6,5x7,8x10 and 8x12. I rarely sell anything larger but sometimes do. Wondernig what are the easiest to sell and frame?

You might think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Go to Wal-Mart and see what size frames they have available. Those will be your "easy to frame" sizes.

I am making my print price list and only want to list on my website common sizes (with a clickable link for all sizes). Its just because I know that many numbers can overwhelm people if I offer every size on mpix. What are your commonly sold sizes?

Group 1-traditional photographic print sizes:
3.5x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20

Group 2-modern late 20th century photographic print sizes:
common:4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20
less common: 8x12, 16x24

Group 3-New "digital" sizes (derive from common paper sizes):
8.5x11 (classic US letter), 11x17, 12x18, 13x19

Personally, I would recommend you use Group 2 unless your printing source, or your own printing, dictate some mix of #2 and #3.

So everyone thinks inches is the standard measurement rather than ISO or cm?

Business Portraits: 5x7 and 8x10
Model Portfolios: 9x12
Actor Headshots: 8x10
Snapshots: 4x6, 5x7
Family, etc. Portraits: Wallets to 30x40

Most reactions

New Topics

Back