common starling

Bobby Ironsights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_1127crop2small.jpg

feel free to edit my pics

That's a nice shot of the Starling. I noticed you said was OK to edit. I hope you don't mind while having my coffee I did a few edits. The first thing I noticed is you had the bird pretty much centered in the shot. Typically you would want more space in front of the bird than behind, in order to achieve this I had to crop even tighter on the backside. Then I cloned out the white blotch behind the beak, then using the burn tool I darkened some of the bright areas of the background and on the bird, then using the dodge tool I lightened some of the darker areas of the bird trying to even it up so more of the bird shows more detail, also lightened the beak some to give more contrast between it and the dark background. The last thing I did was a selective sharpening on the head of the bird.
Thanks for the opportunity to work on your shot, hopefully you like it and by sharing what I did I hope that you and others might garnered some good ideas for post processing.

p1466423949-6.jpg

Thanks for the helpful edit, a picture is truly worth more than a thousand words. I have two others, "common house sparrows", and "mother and child", I would love for your talents to be brought to bear on those two as well, if you'd be so kind with your time. I would greatly appreciate it.

I particularly liked your portfolio of nature work, it is IMHO, Excellent work.

Last edited:
Beautiful creature. Nice shot!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the helpful edit, a picture is truly worth more than a thousand words. I have two others, "common house sparrows", and "mother and child", I would love for your talents to be brought to bear on those two as well, if you'd be so kind with your time. I would greatly appreciate it.

I particularly liked your portfolio of nature work, it is IMHO, Excellent work.

Instead, might I suggest you take one of the other two and try editing it, using the suggestions Hunter has given you, then post that in a new thread for C&C? There is really NO substitute for hands-on learning!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back