Compact Flash

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
I need another CF card as I lost one a while back and the 256MB one I got left is not enough. I'm currently drooling over a Lexar 1GB, but is it worth the extra money for the pro 80x write speed one, or is the normal 1GB fast enough - I have a 10D, and I don't think it writes fast enough to make a difference - I might be wrong though.

Any advice?

All I can say is i'm currently using the Lexar and it works great. So while I can vouch for it, no idea if the camera can actually write fast enough for it.

Both the Lexar and Sandisk cards are great quality...I've used both quite a bit and am equally happy with them. As far as speed goes, you may see some difference if you do a lot of sequence shooting, but the biggest difference I find is the time it takes to transfer a 1gig card full of data from the camera to my pc. My higher speed 1 gig card (can't remember the speed offhand) can transfer a full card of data faster than my 256 cards can. Just a thought. Quite a few of them have 3 different models, I'd suggest going for the middle speed.

Right, I think I'm gonna get me a SanDisk Ultra II 1GB card off ebay, price seems ok, it's in the states so hope I get away with having to pay any duty on it.

Damn British rip off pricing.

Thanks for your help guys!

Got the SanDisk Ultra II 1GB a few weeks ago at Costco around 80 US, shot some water skiers it seemed to be as nearly as fast as the Lexar cards I lost.

I have an 80X Lexar 1GB and have never had any problems with it. I can't say for sure about the transfer rate between the card and camera but as Chase pointed out it would definatly make a difference when transfering from the card to a PC.

DocFrankenstein said:
Tell us what the camera is, not all of them write fast enough for 80x

It's an EOS 10D, my PC only has USB 1.1 at the moment though, so transfer rate to it is not really a problem although my laptop does have USB 2, which does go a lot faster.

Thanks again guys, I've ordered the SanDisk - will report back when it gets here.

Most reactions

Back