Compact soft case for Nikon Z6II with 24-70 f/2.8?

adamhiram

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a compact soft case for travel, and I am hoping someone here has some suggestions. I have an upcoming trip and would like to take my Nikon Z 6II with a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens attached. However I do not want to travel with a dedicated camera bag; rather I am looking for some kind of soft case or pouch that will fit the camera body with this lens that I can put inside of a regular backpack. When I had a D5100 with the kit lens, I had a CF-DC2 semi-soft case that was perfect for this. Nikon makes a similar product for Nikon Z- series, the CF-DC9 semi-soft case, but from what I've read, it doesn't fit the bigger 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. Does such a product exist, or am I on a wild goose chase?

Photo for attention.
inkcfdc2.jpg

My Z7 and 105mm 2.8 fit in this case. I don't have the 24-70mm 2.8 but I believe it's a tad shorter so it should fit just fine.

Amazon product ASIN B01BXW44U0
It's not as soft as the Nikon ones, and not tough enough for me to trust for anything real rugged. I typically use it to hold my camera/lens when I throw it into a non-camera bag for a bit of extra protection from scratching and what not. It does have a strap and can be carried around without too much worry, it's just not what I use it for myself. Sorry I can't be any more help.

My Z7 and 105mm 2.8 fit in this case. I don't have the 24-70mm 2.8 but I believe it's a tad shorter so it should fit just fine.
Based on the measurements someone provided, it looks like it might be a perfect fit. I'm not too particular on hard vs. soft sides and it doesn't need to provide much protection, just enough for me to be able to throw it into a non-photography backpack. Thank you very much for the quick response, this may end up in my cart shortly!

1680231194550.png

It arrived today and it is a perfect fit! Well, close enough.

When I put it into the case, it almost seems like it was designed for this body/lens combination.

1680379929441.png

However, for some reason the end where the lens sits is slightly wider than it is tall. If you look at the padding on the lid, you can see the indentation where it hits the lens hood when I close it. That means when I close it, it doesn't quite close all the way.

1680380019193.png

However, the padding seems soft enough that it doesn't really harm anything to squeeze it shut, and it's a nice snug fit.

1680380059523.png

Ultimately, it fits well, the tight squeeze on the lens hood isn't a dealbreaker, and I think we have a winner. Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited:
Glad it worked out! The lens hood on my 15 doesn't spread out quite like that so it may be why mine seems to fit a bit better, but either way glad it's working. Cheers!

Most reactions

Back