Compact suitable for real time, remote AV OUT viewing?

Tommygunn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for the best compact camera up to £300/$500 that is suitable for my radio controlled aerial photography project.
There are two specific criteria when it comes to choice.

1) The camera must have an AV out, or at least a V out, to allow the attachment of a transmitter to allow me to monitor both still and video shots in real time from the ground, via a monitor.
I would need to see the still shots at least up to the point of shutter release with the minimum amount of blackout afterwards while continuous viewing of video would be required.
(see pic below)

2) The camera must be capable of HD video.

Other usual factors, would be good: 10-12m pixels, image stabilisation etc.

Thanks.

CameraTXMontage.jpg

1) Would be satisfied by most cameras I imagine. I don't know anyone who has a camera which doesn't have the AV out feature. The newer ones even have HDMI connectors

2) No idea but I imagine this would be a somewhat standard feature amongst newer upper market point and shoots.

In playback it is not a problem, however, not my application.
Thing is I have heard on my RC forums that a lot of cameras cause the ground monitor to go black or momentarily black after, for example, a still shot is taken.
I need to be certain that the remote monitor screen doesn't go black on video and at most a minimum of momentary black after still shots.

The video out on the screen is often a direct representation of the LCD on the back of the camera. Most cameras go momentarily black when you actually take a picture, but I don't know of any that go black while taking a video. After all you wouldn't be able to see what you are pointing the camera at if it did.

If you're in doubt, go to the camera store and have them demonstrate the equipment to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back