Competition problem!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I'm going to try the local camera club competition. Submission is by either digital on CD (for the projector) or mounted prints and there are 2 submissions allowed per person per type (print or digital). I'm only going to try for the digital since prints are scary things and I don't have time to mess around trying to get one to work well.

So digital it is - and for entries I thought one animal shot and one macro shot - but now comes the hard part since I really can't decide what to enter - so any help all?

Animal shots:
These first two are very similar, and whilst I think the first is the stronger others have felt that the second is the stronger for showing more of hte face - though I think it looks more central.
IMG_1860 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_1862 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0092b on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A strong shot overall I think, but does that clipped ear really distract as much as I think it does
IMG_1025 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Possibly the strongest shot overall -
IMG_1179 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And incase anyone things all I do is site at the wildlife centre shooting foxes some birdies
IMG_1057 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_1064 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I could try this shot also, whilst its got the look its the overall image quality that I fear is not good enough
IMG_1192 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Well that is the wildife side done (ok ok zoolife) now for macro:
A
IMG_0662 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
B
stack 2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
C
IMG_0172 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
D
stack4n on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

yah I know its all links and you lot prefer images, but it would have taken up way too much space - come on now goodness awaits those who follow the links

and here's a squirrel for your efforts:
3229186783_3897e708d8.jpg

ps comp submission date is wednesday

Last edited:
I personally am a sucker for the squirrel and I also really like the moth in pic 0172.

Good Luck!

I like 3, of the fox peering out from behind the foliage. Of the fox close-ups, the first with the shadow and the eyeball is the simplest and strongest. The others have background elements I do not like,and the clipped ear shot is not good, due to the clipped ear.

The second bird photo, with him on the pitchfork, is the stronger of those two.

The squirrel is cute, but the strength of the backlighting draws away from the squirrel.

I suppose the first moth/butterfly macro i the best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back