Complete Beginner (Collared Dove)

Barry UK.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please be gentle with me I am a total newbie, and just pointed my camera (ancient Nikon D100) and took the shot:

DSC_0039.JPG

Nice shot. Just watch if your subject is fully in frame. If not then there should be a clear idea why and where to cut. Cutting off half of the tail is probably not the best idea.

Welcome, and nice shot. Was this shot with a 300 prime? Otherwise if it was a 75-300 or something similar, zooming out a little would have helped here, not to cut of the tail.

.. just pointed my camera and took the shot:
I do that sometimes, especially when there isn't time to get everything perfect. In some situations I would rather have gotten a bad shot than none at all.

In this case, your camera seems to have focused on the wing feathers or the feet or possibly the wooden structure. If the head would have been in focus, then you could salvage at least that much as a detail shot. But now, no.

My editing software will show me where the focus area or point is, and if you're curious as to exactly where it is, your camera should show you the focus area.

Nice first shot in the world of birding, people before me already said everything so I leave you a like and see you to the next photos :)

Most reactions

Back