complete newbie here C&C would be appreciated it!

iplayguitars

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone,
I just got my first camera two weeks ago but I'm really starting to enjoy photography:D Let me know how I can improve in any way. These pictures were just taken in my yard. edit: I messed up the title lol
1)
4780272677_0a405b5dd5_b.jpg

2)
4780908472_51b829915c_b.jpg

3)
4780921990_82dc92aa65_b.jpg

Thanks in advance:mrgreen:

I really like the first two. The colors and brightness make for a very "cheery" picture. They could use a larger f/stop (aperture) to increase DOF so the rest of the plants would be in focus.

#3 could benifit from the "rule of thirds" (google it). It also suffers from a shallow depth of field (DOF).

Good start, though. Keep em coming!

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I had other pictures of the same subjects where it was less exposed but they just seemed boring to me. I'll watch out for the DOF and rule of thirds next time.

Any other suggestions or comments?

I really liked the first one! Don't think it's over exposed, actually the colours give it life! Try the same picture focusing different points every time. It's quite an interesting exercise and you can get different worlds out of the same object... and in your garden!!

Keep shooting! Looking forward to seeing more of those

Sarah

Biggest thing I could recommend is trust you light meter in your viewfinder. You will rarely be off with you exposure. For a rule of thumb I would stop down (up my F/stop a couple clicks) to get more of the leaves in focus. Set yore focus on the leaf and autofocus. Hold the button still halfway and compose what you want it to look like and shoot. This will darken the background a little or alot. I would have shot this at f/11, apature prefered mode, and stopped down. I'm a tree hugger so I like them. Just needs a little work.

If you are new, pick up a copy (new or at the library) of Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposure". A great read for anyone new to photography.

Most reactions

Back